Tuesday, December 18, 2012

O Christmas Tree, SCACD Style!

Good morning crafty friends!!

My favourite "can't live without" crafty tools are dies. I absolutely love them...especially Dies by SCACD. :)  One of the reasons I love them is that they are a great investment well worth the money spent. I also LOVE the intricacy of Dies by SCACD...these exclusive designs are so gorgeous. Another reason I love them is their versatility. With a little creative "out of the box" thinking, you can come up with some unconventional uses for your dies that make them work for so many different occasions.

The evergreen tree on my card was made by using two different Dies by SCACD. The boughs were created with one of the Classic Corner Dies and the trunk was made with the Ornate Door Plate with Knob Die. To construct the tree, I first cut ten Classic Corners out of green cardstock. I then brushed the edges of the die cuts with white acrylic paint and sprinkled Glamour Dust over the wet paint to create a frosted look. Winter is my favourite season, and I love the look of evergreens boughs dusted with freshly fallen snow. :)  I cut one Ornate Door Plate out of brown cardstock and gave it a snowy treatment as well. The tree is basically a pyramid of Classic Corners. I started constructing the tree with four corners across the base and worked my way up the tree decreasing each layer by one to end in one final corner as the tip of the tree. I also painted a little mound of snow on my design paper before adhering the tree. I decided to leave my tree as it would be found in nature, but you could always create a decorated Christmas tree by adding pearls, glittered garland, a miniature star or angel topper and other tiny trinkets for ornaments. So many great possibilities!!



You've still got time to squeeze in a little crafty Christmas shopping at SCACD. Here are just a few suggestions. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love your snow-covered tree Melanie!! Gorgeous card!